Epicuriousity & Technogadgetry

Thoughts on food, gadgets, and other interesting things.

12 January 2006

Fluid phase change simulations and mass lunch plans


Continuing in the vein of geekiness I noticed an interesting reference on Slashdot (a site for geeks) about the simulation of fluid phase changes. The phase change (e.g. water to ice or water to steam) has been hard to simulate because of the craziness of molecules near the critical point where a phase change is about to occur. I thought the actual article was funny because they used the metaphor of a group trying to figure out where to go for dinner. I encounter this more after church when some friends and I are trying to figure out where to go for lunch. If there's a few people the process doesn't take very long but the more people you add into the mix, lunch turns into early dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home