Less than a month
Less than a month now until the big day. It is quite surreal. We took care of just about all the big things. Now it feels like we have to wait until it gets closer to do some actual wedding stuff. It feels like the calm before a storm.
Other than wedding stuff I've been messing with Linux, the free operating system. I've been trying to do everything on Linux that I do in Windows but there some things that don't work so well. Of course, the biggest problems originate from Microsoft. It's surprising how much some stuff is just geared for Microsoft. Quite sad. There's alternatives but sometimes it's not the same. For instance, I can't get Google desktop going or Launchcast. I still have to use a Windows machine for that. There's other stuff too, like Microsoft Exchange mail.
It's nice though to have Linux becuase you can do some different neat things like having multiple desktops (you can with Windows but it's not as stable and nice). Plus it works better on older machines than Windows operating systems. I put Linux on a computer at home that I got for $5 after rebate. It's a weak computer but still runs nicely with Linux. I don't think it ran so well with Windows. I might try installing Windows on that machine as well and see how it compares. The Linux version I'm using is called Gentoo and it's nice because you can customize it to work on your specific machine without extra junk. Fine-tuned you could say. Anyhow, enough geek talk : ).
A friend is sending me and Christina some geek shirts from Microsoft (yeah, I know, it's still a neat shirt). Christina's nerdy too sometimes (she's amazing with MS Access) but when I was telling her about how I wanted to put Linux on my PDA (personal digital assistant) she said the shirt couldn't come fast enough : ). hehehe.
Other than wedding stuff I've been messing with Linux, the free operating system. I've been trying to do everything on Linux that I do in Windows but there some things that don't work so well. Of course, the biggest problems originate from Microsoft. It's surprising how much some stuff is just geared for Microsoft. Quite sad. There's alternatives but sometimes it's not the same. For instance, I can't get Google desktop going or Launchcast. I still have to use a Windows machine for that. There's other stuff too, like Microsoft Exchange mail.
It's nice though to have Linux becuase you can do some different neat things like having multiple desktops (you can with Windows but it's not as stable and nice). Plus it works better on older machines than Windows operating systems. I put Linux on a computer at home that I got for $5 after rebate. It's a weak computer but still runs nicely with Linux. I don't think it ran so well with Windows. I might try installing Windows on that machine as well and see how it compares. The Linux version I'm using is called Gentoo and it's nice because you can customize it to work on your specific machine without extra junk. Fine-tuned you could say. Anyhow, enough geek talk : ).
A friend is sending me and Christina some geek shirts from Microsoft (yeah, I know, it's still a neat shirt). Christina's nerdy too sometimes (she's amazing with MS Access) but when I was telling her about how I wanted to put Linux on my PDA (personal digital assistant) she said the shirt couldn't come fast enough : ). hehehe.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home